Jacquelyn McCaslin, FSA, MAAA
Prior to joining ISC, Jackie held roles of chief and appointed actuary, business unit officer and product officer for several multi-line, life and health insurance companies. In those roles she was responsible for a wide range of life and health insurance product functions including pricing and product management, acquisition analysis, valuation, cash-flow testing, reinsurance, compliance, risk management and capital planning, as well as administration and underwriting. The following are a few examples of Jackie's experience:
Product Developement and Pricing
- Recently lead entry into the Sr. Health marketplace for Central States Health and Life Co. of Omaha (CSO), establishing Medicare Supplement and Dental/Vision/Hearing product lines.
- Built and managed Sr. Health business unit, including actuarial, product development, compliance, underwriting, and administration functions for UICI/Health Markets. Products included Medicare Supplement and Long Term Care.
- In Actuarial and Product Officer roles for Mutual Omaha, developed and priced Medicare Supplement, Long Term Care, Disability Income, Critical Illness, Supplement Health, Life, and Major Medical products.
- Developed and priced Life and Disability insurance products for individual and voluntary group markets, as well as Debt Cancellation products marketed through banks, credit unions, and auto dealers covering life, disability, unemployment and family leave risk, as well as other contractual liability products for the auto dealer market.
- Ran Re-rating function for Mutual of Omaha individual health products, managed team of 30+ to conduct experience analysis, rating plans, state rate filings and implementation of rate increases with policyholders.
- Conducted multiple life and health company, and insurance block actuarial appraisals for CSO and Mutual of Omaha acquisition projects.
- Experienced in conducting gross premium valuations and premium deficiency reserve development for Long Term Care and Cancer products.
- Lead efforts for a company to sell its Worksite Health and Medicare Supplement business
- Managed reinsurance for a company's 150 captive reinsurance deals, including negotiations, contracting, accounting, due diligence, valuation and reporting.
- Negotiated and set up Reinsurance arrangements for a Medicare Supplement acquisition from a Berkshire company exiting market, as well as new business with large global reinsurer, conducted reinsurance search, evaluation, negotiation, contracting and implementation.
Regulatory & Financial
- Served as Appointed Actuary for two U.S. domiciled life companies and a property & casualty company
- Established adequate liabilities/reserves; led creation of statutory annual statement actuarial exhibits and reports
- Conducted actuarial work supporting GAAP financial reporting
- Established successful relationships with regulators and auditors
Insurance Strategies Consulting
2021 to Present
Senior Vice President, Chief Actuary
Vice President, Senior Markets Division
Vice President, H&A Product Management/Actuarial
Mutual of Omaha
Actuarial Manager, Life & Credit Insurance
Sr. Actuarial Associate-Various Positions
Mutual of Omaha
Fellow, Society of Actuaries
Member, American Academy of Actuaries
BS, Mathematics, Creighton University>