Expert Witness Services for Life Insurance Disputes
Case Analysis. Expert Reports. Court Testimony.
litigation frequently requires an analysis of risk assumptions,
valuation methodologies or underwriting calculations. ISC
works with plaintiff and defense attorneys to evaluate the
actuarial considerations when a life insurance dispute results
in a lawsuit.
ISC can help you with many types of life insurance and
annuity disputes, including the following:
Conflicts periodically arise in agent compensation. ISC
offers expertise in:
STANDARD PRACTICES IN AGENT COMPENSATION
INFLUENCE OF COMPENSATION ON SELLING PRACTICES
EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT VALUATION
PAYMENT OF REFERRAL FEES TO THIRD PARTIES
ISC can provide a national perspective on compensation
plans for life insurance agents.
Actuarial calculations are valuable tools to determine fair
value in insurance disputes. ISC assists law firms and insurance
companies calculate the present value of death and life benefits
of insurance policies. This includes:
- EVALUATION OF BASE PAY & COMMISSION PROJECTIONS
- CALCULATION OF VALUE OF LIFE INSURANCE AND ANNUITY
- ACTUARIAL APPRAISALS OF INSURANCE COMPANIES
- ANALYSIS OF LUMP SUM VS. LONG TERM PAYMENTS
This analysis is typically complex, based on mathematical
APPROPRIATENESS OF INSURANCE SALE
Sometimes policyholders charge that an insurance product
they purchased does not meet their needs. When a claim occurs,
ISC is available to evaluate the appropriate application of
ISC can help in the interpretation of reinsurance treaties
and terms in accordance with their commonly used meanings.
This includes evaluation of:
- PRICING AND VALUATION OF REINSURANCE TRANSACTIONS
- ADEQUACY OF RESERVES NET OF REINSURANCE COVERAGE
- DENIAL OF COVERAGE OR CONTRACT TERMINATION
- FAIR BASIS FOR REINSURANCE OF A POTENTIAL LIABILITY
- ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION
Each reinsurance case is unique. ISC has the expertise to
evaluate life insurance and annuity reinsurance treaties.
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS (E&O) COVERAGE
An insurance professional's exposure to E&O claims frequently
revolves around documentation of the transaction file. Inquiries,
quotes, changes, renewals or cancellations should be adequately
noted. ISC can review case files to assess documentation adequacy.
Other areas of expertise:
- LIFE SETTLEMENTS
- SINGLE PREMIUM IMMEDIATE ANNUITIES (SPIA)
- UNIVERSAL LIFE (UL) SECONDARY GUARANTEES
- PERSONAL LIABILITY CLAIMS
- VANISHING PREMIUM POLICIES
- VARIABLE ANNUITY RESERVES AND HEDGING PROGRAMS
ISC today for a confidential,
no obligation discussion of your insurance litigation case.